Thoughts and issues regarding the past and present of a great football club by "The Chronicler".

Friday 2 January 2015

Boo, boo .... boo-hoo!

To quote some other fans...

It is now a fact that no club in Europe or USA or South America have scored less goals than Villa.
The Aston Villa FC goal of the month competition is taking on a life of its own now. 

It's also a fact that many old supporters are getting very ashamed about what is taking place on the pitch. Though the type of football lately being played is technically an improvement, it is played at such a pace and without variation that it is no surprise that chances are not created.

To think I spent a lot of my time encouraging would-be supporters to follow Villa when Randy Lerner took over (and I succeeded) and to now see what has developed over these last near 5 years ... I am appalled. The whole club should hang its head in shame.

It's enough to make you weep...

When the club had the temerity to sack me in January 2010 (5 years ago) I said then that the club would go backwards. It has. So far back that it's almost sunk.

What McGregor, Ramsay or Rinder would make of this lot I hate to think... 


We need a cure for this sickness ... and quick.
.

No comments: