Thoughts and issues regarding the past and present of a great football club by "The Chronicler".

Tuesday 5 August 2014

A Roar about the Lions Clubs!

Aston Villa appeared to have ceased dealing with me (selling my books) by not replying to my e-mails and phone calls (following the May letter I sent to Randy Lerner), but a week ago I wrote to my old boss at Villa Park (Lee Preece) and asked him to follow up the matter. 

Lee wrote to me last evening and, hey presto, this morning I happened to receive a message from the Villa Store asking for further details about my Nutshell book so that they might consider selling it. However, after a few minutes consideration about the Lions Clubs matter I sent the following reply: 

Hello Alan [Williams], 

Thank you very much for your reply. 

A week or two ago I would have been very happy to take this matter further – indeed, I was anxious to do so – but matters have got to such a state at Villa Park (the matter of how the Lions Clubs are being treated has pushed the matter over the edge for me), I do not want to deal with Aston Villa any further until it’s got itself in order. 

If that means that I will not have a future association with Aston Villa, then so be it. 

Personally, I wish you, John [Greenwood] and Lee [Preece] all the very best. 

Regards, 

John Lerwill

For more sad details about the Lions Clubs matter,
please see this link. 
.

No comments: