Thoughts and issues regarding the past and present of a great football club by "The Chronicler".

Tuesday 13 August 2013

The New Season Is Days Away!

In my previous post, I was worried about keeping my expectations in check.

My self-control has now been made more easy by the way Malaga came back into the game in the week-end just gone. And, though it was a friendly, I suppose Malaga do represent something like the kind of opposition that Villa will be facing in the season's first 3 games, and even the best part of the first two months.

While Villa's attack offers enough to excite, the main concern about Villa is the same as it was last season, I suggest. The defence.

Have the deficiencies been nailed? Well, it could be that Lambert's defensive signings will be an improvement, but can they gel quickly enough for Villa to get through the first 2 months with enough points?

I'm wondering whether we might see the first three matches ending something like 2-3, 2-3, 3-2. Yes, I see Villa getting something out of the opening sequence, and then they have the chance of re-grouping against The Millers (Rotherham, in the League Cup) before taking a lengthy break.

The new season is offering some tingling prospects - with an added element of fear!
.

No comments: