Thoughts and issues regarding the past and present of a great football club by "The Chronicler".

Saturday 18 September 2010

The Season Starts Now!

This has been a most unsatisfactory start to the season in terms of both the exit of the manager and the results so far. Clearly, Kevin McDonald is a very competent coach, but it does look as though it would have been an error for him to take over control of the first team for the rest of the season.

However, we no longer have uncertainties as to who is the boss, and having seen today's match I feel certain that GH will be in there on Monday making a big effort to put matters straight. I wish him well, but I do not expect miracles to occur. If Villa finish better then 8th this season I will be very surprised, but I am just hoping that a good run in the domestic cups will help to lift our spirits.

The FA Cup has been a very long time in coming back to Villa Park. Wow! In 1957 I thought that 37 years since we'd previously won it was too long ... but 53 years have since passed by, coming on 54.

Come on Villa!

No comments: